Thursday, August 22, 2013

Coco-Loco Oatmeal Cookies!



I’m sure by now you’ve noticed that I’m a little bit obsessed with Chobani. I’ve been to grocery stores in Delaware, New Jersey, and Maryland in pursuit for as many flavors as I could get my hands on, mainly coconut. Thankfully, the grocery store down the street just started carrying it. Not that distance would’ve kept us apart. Is it possible to have a relationship with yogurt? If so, I think I’m cheating on my boyfriend. Sorry, but I have no regrets. Taking my little obsession into consideration I thought it would only make sense to involve coconut Chobani in my next recipe. This recipe uses not only Chobani, but coconut oil and shredded coconut as well. So, if you’re a fan of coconut these are definitely the cookies for you! 


Yep, I'm in love. 


• 1/4 cup coconut Chobani
• 1/2 cup coconut oil
• 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 1/4 cups flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3 cups old fashioned oats
• 1 cup shredded coconut
• 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.



With your stand mixer or hand mixer beat together the sugar, Chobani, and coconut oil. 1/4 cup of yogurt is about half of a 6oz container. I'm sure just like me you'll be absolutely devastated that you have to finish off the rest of it ;) beat together until smooth. 


Beat in one egg at a time and then add in the vanilla. Once all of that is incorporated mix in the flour. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Next, mix in the oats, coconut, and chocolate chips.


Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto your parchment lined baking sheets, keeping them about an inch apart. Bake for 14 minutes, or until golden brown. Be sure to rotate the baking sheets halfway through the cook time. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!


Sorry to write and run, but there's some Chobani in the fridge with my name on it. See ya next time :)






No comments:

Post a Comment